- 2 cups Red Velvet cake mix (about 1/2 of an 18.25 oz box)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp water
- butter, optional for frying or topping
TIP: Can use a chocolate cake mix with red food dye added (reduce the water amount by the amount of food dye)
- Combine the cake mix, egg yolks, oil and water in a mixing bowl until just thoroughly blended
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Blend egg whites into cake mixture.
- If batter seems too thick, add another tablespoon of water.
- Cook the pancakes in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Cream Cheese syrup*:
¼ cup of honey
1 heaping Tablespoon Cream cheese
- Warm honey in microwave until warmed, about 30 seconds then stir in cream cheese until smooth.
- Whisk, whisk, and whisk until smooth. Add more honey if you like the syrup runny(<--is that a word?)
- Can also just sift powdered sugar on top for a wintry snowflakey look!
- Love Reese's cups? Use peanut butter instead of cream cheese in the syrup
- Brandied fruits
- Pecans on top of cream cheese syrup for crunch!